Quadrafire 3100 burn times?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joshc

Dec 7, 2018
Washington
I'm looking at buying a new quadrafire 3100 to replace my Yosemite. My biggest question is what burn times is everyone getting with fir. I can only get about a 5-6 hr burn in my tiny 1.5 cu. ft. firebox. I'm looking for at least 8hrs. I'm open to other stove suggestions too but as of now I can pick up a 3100 for $1500.

IF you can cram every nook & cranny in the firebox with wood, you MAY get 8 hours or more out of a load.
I burned that big Recency for 3-4 years in my younger days, & with big ole splits, no small pieces, I would get 6-7
hours burn time. I would go by the blower sound. If it was on when I woke, I knew the box was still pretty hot.
If the blowers were OFF, I knew I had to get up, rake the embers to the doghouse & load it up.
I fed the beast 3X each day & this house has NEVER been warmer.