Quadrafire 4100i cracked rear secondary air tube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Locust99

May 11, 2017
Upstate, New York
I recently purchased a used quadrafire 4100i. Overall the stove looks to be in good condition, but there is a crack in the rear secondary air manifold. Is this something that needs to be fixed or can the stove be run with this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• E8526B8E-54A5-4304-812B-2B50570163A2.jpeg
    E8526B8E-54A5-4304-812B-2B50570163A2.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 177A159D-FBBF-48CC-AB88-A36F0D517C6D.jpeg
    177A159D-FBBF-48CC-AB88-A36F0D517C6D.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 245
It should be fixed or it will only get hotter there and get worse. Hopefully there is enough metal there to weld a patch. In the least temporarily plug it with some furnace cement.

Do you know where I could purchase the repair kit? I can’t seem to find it searching on the internet. I did sent Quadrafire a message about this though so maybe they can provide me with a p/n to order. So hopefully I can find a repair kit or a welder.

Do you know where I could purchase the repair kit? I can’t seem to find it searching on the internet. I did sent Quadrafire a message about this though so maybe they can provide me with a p/n to order. So hopefully I can find a repair kit or a welder.
A quadrafire dealer.

I have a Quadrafire 3100i with the same issue. Though I have to say my rear manifold is more than cracked. It looks like a small charge went off behind the joint, exploding into the firebox. I contacted a dealer earlier this week. THey asked for the serial no, and did some reasearch. They called back to tell me that (a) this is a warrantied part (at least on my stove); (b) the part is a repair kit that may require some welding; and (c) it's free from QF if you have warranty info (proof of purchase, etc.). Labor is on your nickel.

Does anyone have a picture or drawing of this part? Before proceeding, I'm curious what it looks like, and what installation will require.

Thanks in advance...