Quadrafire 7100FP door gasket question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChiefMac

Mar 11, 2022
Idaho
I have a new to me QF 7100 FP that was originally installed in 2016. I don't think the door gaskets have ever been replaced. I have a question on the left front door routing of the gasket. There is a vertical section on the "outside" of the left door that appears to wrap around to the "inside" of the door on the top and bottom. It's hard to tell because its so frayed, but is the top and bottom cut, and separate from the inside gasket? or does it wrap around to the inside using all one piece for both the inside and outside of the door?

The glass gasket is also loose, crumbly, and definitely leaking, so I'll be replacing those as well. I've not been able to maintain a fire with the air control less than 3/4 open. If i close it any lower than that, the fire smolders and goes out. This is causing me to use a lot of wood to keep this thing going, and it's frustrating. Wood is tamarac seasoned 2 years since split and moisture less than 20%. Could the leaky gaskets be causing this? I'd like to be able to use the slow burn setting with the blue secondaries that people talk about with this stove. Any info on this is appreciated!