Quadrafire 7100fp firebrick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ymurf

Jan 8, 2012
Missouri
While cleaning my Quadrafire 7100 fireplace getting ready for the burn season I noticed some of my firebrick are cracked. Di I need to replace my firebrick or will this be ok? I found one place online that seels the set but they are about $500..Any place cheaper? Or will the brick be ok?

If the firebrick is staying in place it should be ok to burn. Just be gentle and place the logs in the fireplace. Don't drop and toss them in.

Most of the firebrick in the 7100 is conventionally sized. I'm not sure if Quad uses pumice or regular firebrick in this fireplace but both are available online in 6 packs for the standard sized bricks in the firebox. Pumice firebrick is lighter and has more of a surface texture than the smoother conventional firebrick. In your fireplace the standard sized brick is shown as #5 in the diagram. If the replacement is a on-standard sized firebrick it can be cut down to size from a standard brick.

Screen Shot 2015-11-07 at 11.11.28 AM.png

Both. Regular firebrick is tougher and cheaper but pumice firebrick is a better insulator for a hotter fire. FWIW our pumice firebrick is going strong into its 8th season.

Thanks BeGreen for super quick and helpful information - just like always!

Do you think it's okay to switch from regular firebricks to 'pumice' firebricks on a zero clearance fireplace (Heat n Glo Northstar)? I would rather have the extra heat produced by the pumice, but not sure if the outside of the ZC firebox will get too hot to meet specs?

Thanks again!
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.