QuadraFire Adventure III thread got locked?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rangerbait

Feeling the Heat
Dec 17, 2016
Shepherdstown, WV
0a5352314b4244575b5a98e2a9f33671.png

Might just be a bug, but here's what I got when trying to reply...I actually ended up going with a Blaze King, King Classic, and just about to break ground on the installation as soon as my damn building permit gets approved.

Reactions: 2011 GT/CS
View attachment 198357

Might just be a bug, but here's what I got when trying to reply...I actually ended up going with a Blaze King, King Classic, and just about to break ground on the installation as soon as my damn building permit gets approved.

I wish you luck on your building permit. :)
Ours took two and a half years and $30k before a shovel could even hit the ground. Building is a snap compared to getting permission from a government bureaucracy. You simply put the pieces together.

In my totally subjective lay opinion, I believe you made the best choice between the two. I came close to getting a Qfire Discovery 1 because I really liked the aesthetics... until I saw an exploded parts diagram... way to many fussy moving parts, and one too many "automatic" features. A search for Qfire Discovery reviews yielded only crickets... bad omen. ;hm

In contrast, BK enjoys a cult following... good omen. :)

Greg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangerbait
I wish you luck on your building permit. :)
Ours took two and a half years and $30k before a shovel could even hit the ground. Building is a snap compared to getting permission from a government bureaucracy. You simply put the pieces together.

In my totally subjective lay opinion, I believe you made the best choice between the two. I came close to getting a Qfire Discovery 1 because I really liked the aesthetics... until I saw an exploded parts diagram... way to many fussy moving parts, and one too many "automatic" features. A search for Qfire Discovery reviews yielded only crickets... bad omen. ;hm

In contrast, BK enjoys a cult following... good omen. :)

Greg

Yeah man, the complete lack of reviews was a deal breaker. I've gone the early adopter route too many times to roll the dice on a potentially big, heavy problem.

Reactions: Squirrely
Yeah man, the complete lack of reviews was a deal breaker. I've gone the early adopter route too many times to roll the dice on a potentially big, heavy problem.

In this regard, the internet is a genuine blessing in that everyone enjoys equal access to the shared experiences of others.

I call this the "democratization of information". :)

Greg

The rub is that most folks come here with either questions or problems. Only a tiny percentage of stove owners are enthusiasts that come online to review their stoves.

Not only here... there's a dearth of user Qfire Discovery reviews on the internet in general.
I think that has more to do with it being a new stove with new tech that people are wary of much more than any problem with the stove. They just are not selling very many yet. I have heard some positive reviews from sweeps who work on a few but not much more

Have sold probably 10-15 units so far, no issues. If anything heard back, usually very positive, long burn time, tremendous heat output, easy to use etc. Just what I'd expect to hear from a big steel stove. As long as the electronics work properly, should be a great stove. Got to let em work a few years to really see.

Looking forward to hearing more reports. Send folks here to post reviews. The specs read like a cat stove. I'm really curious if the claims of 40 hr low burn times are achievable with this stove. Also wondering what are typical winter burn times.