Quadrafire Castile pellet stove not restarting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

POORBOY

Sep 29, 2021
Washington
I have a older Quadrafire Castile insert. It starts up just fine and runs until it reaches desired temp but then it doesn’t restart automatically after dropping below the desired temp on the thermostat. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this problem?

Thanks to all that reply.

I was hoping someone would have a response for you. Did you ever have any luck figuring out the problem? My QuadraFire CB1200i does the same thing, though it can be intermittent. I have had it go days working just fine, only to have it again fail to light. My exhaust fan comes on, and I hear pellets drop, though possibly not enough and as time goes in, it takes more time for them to start dropping. I have replaced the vacuum switch, the thermocouple, the ignitor and today I replaced the control box. It immediately lit when the new control box was installed. My left baffle came loose though (it is slightly warped) and I had to cool the stove before seeing if it could restart when the call light came on. After that I had to hit the reset button and then it lights up and heats correctly. I've cleaned everything, blown air through the vacuum line. At one point I decided to get a new stove. 26 weeks before delivery, and no repair appointments until late December. Any ideas? I guess it could be the auger motor, but it always operates when the reset is pushed.

Try opening up the slide for the auger opening a little bit.

The flames are quite high once it does light. I think it is possible I need to replace the gasket. I just did the dollar test and I can pull the dollar out the left side and the bottom. Do you think the baffle could also be contributing to the issue? I've thrown so many parts at this stove, what's a few more?

I'm not familiar with your stove, but I don't think that the baffle would make a difference for starting. Have you adjusted your feed rate according to the owners manual? The flame height after start-up doesn't really matter. It is the flame height after it has been running for a while that you need to watch.

Reactions: Ssyko