Quadrafire DV-44P

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jafoust

Feb 12, 2023
Olympia, WA
Looking for information on how to completely disconnect/remove a Quadrafire DV-44P. Fireplace is cracked and needs two welds. Mobile welding is unavailable, so I need to disconnect and remove it to take it in for the welds. I have no idea where to start or what to do. How do you disconnect it from the gas? How do you dismantle the chimney connector. I cannot find anyone to do it here, so I will have to do it myself. Thanks in advance.

Looking for information on how to completely disconnect/remove a Quadrafire DV-44P. Fireplace is cracked and needs two welds. Mobile welding is unavailable, so I need to disconnect and remove it to take it in for the welds. I have no idea where to start or what to do. How do you disconnect it from the gas? How do you dismantle the chimney connector. I cannot find anyone to do it here, so I will have to do it myself. Thanks in advance.
There should be a shut off valve for the gas. It is usually connected to a short "appliance connector", which is then connected to the gas valve on your gas stove. If you don't know what you are doing then you should not attempt this.

There should also be a gas shut off where the gas line feeding the stove is connected to the main gas line. Shut that one off, as well. Can you post a pic of the venting? Normally, a twist-lock connection is used for this type of vent, & with the help of an extra pair of hands, you should be able to separate the sections. If you are not mechanically inclined, or you have any doubts in your abilities to uninstall the stove, an internet search for an NFI Certified Gas Technician should get you the assistance you need.

There should also be a gas shut off where the gas line feeding the stove is connected to the main gas line. Shut that one off, as well. Can you post a pic of the venting? Normally, a twist-lock connection is used for this type of vent, & with the help of an extra pair of hands, you should be able to separate the sections. If you are not mechanically inclined, or you have any doubts in your abilities to uninstall the stove, an internet search for an NFI Certified Gas Technician should get you the assistance you need.
Thanks.