Quadrafire Grand Voyager

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatscott01

Mar 19, 2016
Maryland
Just installed a new grand voyager insert and I have a question about the outside air kit. I noticed on the voyager insert instructions it says that if you are not using the outside air kit to remove the air plate. Ok the grand voyager it's the same setup but it doesn't say to remove the plate. Also the instructions are contradicting. It says in the step by step to "Assemble outside air cover plate A supplied in component pack" Then in the figure it says "discard outside air plate A". Which is it. Assemble or disassemble?? Also is there any trick to keeping the glass clean? Could these two be related? Maybe keeping the fire from getting hot enough?? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Burn seasoned wood to keep the glass clean.

Dry wood and getting the fire hot enough will keep the glass clean. The fire should not smolder. Are you seeing secondary combustion?

Usually when the insert is not going to be connected to outside air the cover plate is removed so that the stove uses interior air. I see the reason for confusion. It does look like the illustration in figure 18.1 may have an error. Logic says that one would be installing a block off plate at the front, not removing it. That appears to be the Outside cover A at that front location. Is there a plate in your kit that matches this location? The rest seems pretty clear. The rear plate is removed so that the OAK connection can be made there. Check with your dealer or Quad support to verify.

Status
Not open for further replies.