Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE - combustion blower motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

grahamk

Oct 9, 2008
Colorado
My stove has recently started acting "off". A new pallet of terrible pellets (Western Wood Products - not recommended) was when the problems started, but i think it might be deeper than that.

Symptoms are a lazy fire. Very little ash outside the ash pot, ash tray full with fine ash, fire port getting very full of pellets and occasional burning up the chute. I think the problem is likely the combustion fan - but the only error I am getting is an occasional "auger jammed" and I know full well that this stove identifies vacuum/fan issues readily and quickly.

Does the lack of any error message around the combustion fan or vacuum switch indicate a different issue, or am i barking up the right tree?

Thanks for any advice.

With bad pellets im betting the exhaust is pretty clogged up. Give it a good clean out inside the stove to the termination of the vent pipe. Pull the combustion blower also.

Reactions: johneh