Quadrafire Mt Vernon AE Wall Control

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Raz

Jan 15, 2013
Howdy, I'm brand new to pellet land. 2 weeks! I picked up a used Mt Vernon AE Insert, MFR-2008 and I have a question about how the wall control works. The Thermostat reads about 9 degrees F hotter that the room really is. I have two other thermostats right next to it that are 0.5 degrees apart and the AE control says 79.0 while the others read 70.0 & 70.5. The thermostat is away from the insert and away from the convection flow. I can't seem to figure out how the temp calibration works. I pressed the - button till it read -9 and expected my display to read 9 degrees cooler. It did not seem to have much effect. Does anyone here have any experience with this function? Thanks!

If you are in the temp calibration mode you should see the temp changing as you calibrate the thermostat.

Are you certain your in the calibration mode and not the temp differential mode?

Howdy, I'm brand new to pellet land. 2 weeks! I picked up a used Mt Vernon AE Insert, MFR-2008 and I have a question about how the wall control works. The Thermostat reads about 9 degrees F hotter that the room really is. I have two other thermostats right next to it that are 0.5 degrees apart and the AE control says 79.0 while the others read 70.0 & 70.5. The thermostat is away from the insert and away from the convection flow. I can't seem to figure out how the temp calibration works. I pressed the - button till it read -9 and expected my display to read 9 degrees cooler. It did not seem to have much effect. Does anyone here have any experience with this function? Thanks!

This is a guess, but I think you're changing the temperature diferential instead of the calibration. The differential is how far below your set temperature before the stove comes on. For example, If you set your thermostat at 70, then with your -9 setting the stove would kick on at 61.

If I'm correct, you want the temperature calibration instead. There's a + and a - key which you actually move what the thermostat is reading up and down.

JS

This is a guess, but I think you're changing the temperature diferential instead of the calibration. The differential is how far below your set temperature before the stove comes on. For example, If you set your thermostat at 70, then with your -9 setting the stove would kick on at 61.

If I'm correct, you want the temperature calibration instead. There's a + and a - key which you actually move what the thermostat is reading up and down.

JS

Definately not in temp diff mode. I'll pay more attention to the display as I change it. I was expecting larger jumps as I pressed the + and - buttons

Thanks for the link! I've been to the calibration screen before but I may have been to impatient and not noticing small changes in the display. I was expecting a larger display change for each button press. I think this might help! Thanks again. I'll post later and let you know if it worked.

That helped. It seems to be all set now. I had to change the Calibration setting to -40 to have it drop 10 degrees. The temp is now reading correctly. Thanks for your help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.