QuadraFire Mt Vernon OE - Not dropping pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gopher69

Nov 6, 2014
NH
I have an original (1st Generation) Quadrafire Mount Vernon pellet stove that stopped feeding pellets and therefore doesn't light or run.
This actually happened at the end of last winter, so I decided to let it rest, until now.....
I hate procrastinate, guilty as charged !

Side note, last winter I replaced the Control Board.

I have pulled and 'bench checked', the Auger motor, and it works perfectly.
Vacumn switch was tested, by pulling the terminal connectors and jumping them together.
Snap Disc#2 i(which has factor), It should have continuity across it when it's cold. (normally closed, opens when it overheats)

Not much else that would prevent pellets from dropping, so not sure what to do or test next ?

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated !!!!

Thanks..........

There's no error on the thermostat like auger jammed or anything? I think a build up of fines could jam your auger. I've never pulled my auger or motor so this might not apply, but if you tested the motor did you pull the auger too? Could something be jammed in there? It sounds like you covered anything that could control the auger. It can't be a temperature thing because the auger needs to spin on startup when its cold.

Edit: Dumb Question #2: Could you have plugged the motor in wrong on the control board?

Last edited:
Joescho....

There is no jam in the Auger shaft as I totally removed theater and vacuumed out all pellets and debris.
THE Control Board itself can only be inserted in 'one way'. The electrical connection from Auger, that leads back to control board is connected correctly, with a 'clip type' locking connection, and no way that could be connected improperly.

Any other thoughts out there ?

THANKS !!!!!!

The stove shop tech who just cleaned my stove indicated, that the Auger motor is getting power, but I haven't tested myself. As I previously stated I pulled out then entire Auger assembly and bench tested and it' working fine.

Still thinking my issue is related to the circuit board, so pulled it out and sent off to a stove parts supplier who said they will test and report results. This is the same parts supplier, who I purchased the circuit board less tan one year ago.
If the Board is defective, it is covered under the one year warranty ?

Keeping my fingers crossed !!!