QuadraFire SantaFe - Thermostat Temperature Differential

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JBritt91

Sep 29, 2023
Boston, Ma
I've had my Quadrafire for 3 years it was actually brand new when we moved in. The unit has been great and relatively easy to operate/maintain. We just turned it on for the first time this season and are dealing with something new. When we turn on our thermostat the "up" and "down" buttons are only allowing us to set the temperature differential between 1 - 9. I can't get past this screen to actually set the temperature where we want it. Is there something i'm missing here? This should be a basic thing to move past, but we are stuck over here.

I'd rather not waste the money on a service call for such a simple question. Couldn't find anything in the manual besides it outlining that the factory defaults to 4 on the temp differential. Nothing talks about how to toggle between the differential and back to the temperature.

What thermostat are you using? Did you try replacing the batteries?

To be honest i didn't think about changing the batteries because everything else still works. However i did just change them and i'm still getting the same screen. It seems to be an original manufacturers thermostat for the unit. I attached an image - I just can't get off the temperature differential and back to setting a temperature. You can see the single digit number in my image.

Attachments

• Thermostat.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 359
That looks like a Quadrafire 811-0520 thermostat. I could find an operators manual for it in a quick search.

It may be time for a new thermostat. Before you go that route, pull the batteries out and wait a day before reinstalling them to see what happens. This should give enough time for the unit to completely discharge. Kind of like a reset.