Quadrafire Trekker won't run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

c0t0d0s0

Dec 18, 2021
Arizona
I've got a quadrafire trekker that has been running well for about two years, but stopped last night.
Error code is four red flashes indicating missed ignition.
I've vacuumed the pellets out of the hopper to make sure there wasn't a clog.
I've pulled out the auger and vacuumed out its pipe.
I've put a few pellets into the crucible and they start.
I haven't heard any pellets fall into the crucible.

I'm thinking there is a problem with the auger motor but I'm not sure. I'd like to try jumpstarting it to run but I don't know the power it is expecting.

Anybody have a better idea?

I believe the auger uses 120V. It should state the voltage on it.

The igniter itself should read about 35 to 45 ohms.

Your problem might be that the stove isn't establishing proof of fire.

The thermocouple needs to sense that there is a hot fire going before it will allow the auger to deliver more pellets.

Your stove has a thermocouple mounted to the manifold that holds the exhaust/combustion fan. Right side, rear of stove.

There are also likely no pellets in the auger flights after you cleaned it, so there is nothing to drop into the firepot. You can start with a handful of pellets placed into the firepot. Once proof of fire is established the auger should have rotated enough to be dropping some into the pot.

Reactions: VintageGal