Quadrafire Warranty

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmg-in-alaska

Apr 29, 2008
Anchorage, AK
When I ordered my quadrafire stove (coming in a couple months), the dealer indicated that it had a lifetime warranty. I came across a post on here a bit ago that had a link to the warranty info from Hearth and Home, the makers of quads. However, as I look at some other dealer's websites, I see that they also say "Limited Lifetime Warranty."

Here is the link for the pdf from Hearth and Home - http://www.quadrafire.com/Customer_Care/Warranty_Information.asp

Just click "HHT Warranty."

But here are a couple dealer sites that refer to the Lifetime Warranty:

http://www.prestontradingpost.com/quadra-fire_bodega_bay.htm

http://www.h2oasisinc.com/Quadra-Fire Wood insert/98/

The first one specifically says "The Hearth & Home Technologies limited Lifetime Warranty guarantees that the following components will work as designed for the lifetime of the stove or Hearth & Home Technologies will repair or replace them. These items include but are not limited to steel and cast iron components, all gas burners, gas logs, combustion chambers, heat exchanger systems, stainless steel firebox components, plating, doors, glass damaged by thermal breakage, steel baffle supports, steel and ceramic baffles and manifold tubes. Labor is for the first five years."

So what gives - anybody know what the real warranty is on these? I am getting the 4300 Step Top.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just noticed the HHT brochure says it applies to warranties on units sold after September 1, 2008. So did they just make this change to go to an extremely limited warranty in exchange for the previous limited lifetime warranty? Pretty crappy deal I'd say.

The warranty has always been "limited" as pretty much all warranies are.

HHT has three brands under thier wings, Heatilator, Heat & Glo, and Quadrafire. Every brand had different warranties and even some products within each brand had different warranties. They finally went to a unified warranty which makes it easier for all products going forward. Unfortunaly they had to make a transition point somewhere.

When did you order your stove? You might be able to keep record of that along with the manual and still get the "old" warranty.

TBO pretty much any desgin flaws or mfg problems are going to show themselves within the first few years. And on occasion if something is out of warranty they will cover it anyway depending on circumstances.

My guess is the "lifetime" warranty just left things too wide open. It possible they could end up replacing a 30 year old used and abused just plain worn out stove. Makes more sense to draw the line somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.