QUADRAFIRE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greebas

Feb 7, 2009
southern pa
A couple of ?'s I have a 1998 Quadrafire 4300 which has never been used, and was wondering if there is any difference in quality or efficiency in comparison to the newer 4300's? ( Alladin was the manufacturer when I purchased the stove). Also, I've been considering buying a Quad 5700, primarily for the larger firebox. The house I'm building will be one story with an open floor plan, but only 1700 square feet. Need to determine if the 5700 will be overkill for that square footage or if I could make it work by maintaining smaller fires.

Thanks for any feedback

If you are building new, then build it right. If there is good insulation and the place is built tight, the 5700 would be serious overkill. Considering you have a good stove already, save the money and put it into better windows or something that will pay back over the life of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.