Q&A Quality of Pacific Energy stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I'm looking at purchasing a Pacific Energy - Vista - woodstove. I'd buy the smallest size to place in my 12 foot by 18 foot den (my house doesn't have open areas). There is a flimsy fireplace there connected to a solid brick chimney with a terracotta liner. I'll tear out the fireplace and put the stove on a ceramic floor. The new 6 inch liner will fit in the chimney and the certified installers will connect a double pipe from the stove to an insulated joint in the wall to my chimney.

My two questions are:

Do you think Pacific Energy produces well made stoves?

I'll install the stove on the diagonal in a corner and the specs call for a 3 inch clearance of the corners of the stove from the gyprock wall. Will the wall be ok? Will it overheat or will the paint blister?

Answer:

Yes, the Pacific is a well regarded brand, and they do make some nice compact units. As far as the corner clearance, you will be fine if you follow the manufacturers instructions. No fire or charred walls will result. The stove has a second wall around it which allows these close clearances. If you want to be sure that the paint on the wall is not affected after many years, simply add one or two inches to these clearances.

Chimney fires should not be a problem because this newer type of stove burns very clean. If you use proper fuel and the tips at https://www.hearth.com/what/specific.html, then you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.