Quality Pellets in Canadian Maritimes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobalt

Aug 5, 2008
Prince Edward Island
Anybody getting prices in the Canadian maritime provinces on quality pellets? Getting a new pellet stove and wonder what is available, also wondering what everybody is burning and where are they buying them. I am new to using a pellet stove and just looking for some local information.

I run a Harman P-61A and use Eastern Embers Pellet, have had good luck with them,good heat low ash.

Eastern Embers produces both residential and industrial wood pellet fuel for markets in Atlantic Canada, the U.S. and Europe.

Eastern Embers pellets are manufactured primarily from spruce sawdust & shavings and are sourced from sawmills in the maritimes.

Nova Scotia spruce is inherently clean, with ash levels under 0.5%. Contamination-free handling and a quality control program ensure that subsequent ash levels are minimized.

Eastern Embers Premium Wood Pellet Fuel adheres to the premium grade standards set by the Pellet Fuel Institute. Using a lower grade fuel will be detrimental to the performance of your pellet stove and can cause problems such as inconsistent heat, high residual ash, clogging of the auger, creosote and rusting.

Home Hardware carries pellets at $5.00 a bag if you buy in numbers.

Eastern Embers is a good product. I have also used Cozy Comfort pellets and they don't compare at all as far as heat output and ash.If they were a lot cheaper,maybe I'd consider them again but only if. Where I live,they will be making hardwoods pellets very soon in Hillsborough,NB. but I have yet to hear of a price they will retail for.Not sure the status of a big plant that is being built in Chatham as well as another in Northern N.B. ,and of course the Shaw Group has another mill in Belldune now.Lots of action though the politicians can't seem to see the value in it and want to build more power plants rather than get people off electric heat. Our pellet stove sure helped the power bill,and with this years new insulated basement and attic,we shall be doing very well.

Reactions: BSGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.