Qudra fire classic bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ayesmokey

Dec 12, 2019
Maryland
I am having a weird issue that when my thermostat kicks the stove on , it will click on and then off and go back and fourth a few times and over fill the bowl and make a raging inferno. I will kick back and let it die then kick it on and it's good. But when the thermostat kicks in again it will sometimes work fine and other times on and off real fast back and forth. Any opinions or have this issue as I am not sure . Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sounds like bad tstat wire connections or bad tstat. Try cutting off some of the wire at both ends and re-attach. And check connections in tstat. kap

Any recommendations on a new tstat ? I have been looking but I need one with enough temp swing. I am currently looking at a Honeywell heat only round tstat. Not sure if this is acceptable. Thanks

Any 12v tstat will work. kap

I bought a round honeywell model ct87k , it cycles the stove way to much. I cannot change heat anticipator as there isnt one.

Any other tstat anyone is using with a CB 1200 ? Not sure honewell RTH2300 will work.

Please post what your using with you pellet stove that is working for proper cycle lengths .

Thanks