Question about Napoleon 1402 wood insert "Low clearance stainless steel flue connector" P/N EPA335KT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reiserrob2003

Sep 28, 2009
Eastern MA
I'm going to order a Napoleon 1402 woodstove insert and door in plain black cast iron from www.Homeclick.com for around $1600.00 after 10% off. My question is that they have the above listed part listed under options for $71.00, it looks like a folded piece of sheet metal that angles the 6" flue back a little. Ican't figure out exactly under what circumstance you would need it. Is it designed for low fireplaces to angle the flue back so it doesn't hit the front masonry or it it designed to be a positive connection to the flue if you're going to terminate the flue inside the lower masonry chimney? Can someone answer this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.