Question about OAK performance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyp2339

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2014
Hey guys, I'm about to install an OAK on my Blaze King Princess, I'm just waiting for the kit to come in the mail, should be here by Thursday.
My question / worry is that since I'll be installing it through a block wall to the outside elements (going with a dryer vent through the wall, making an animal guard to keep critters out, then 90 deg down, metal flex pipe to the stove) Will I have condensation issues where the pipe comes into the house or at the bottom? Were I live we get some pretty big temp swings, it could be in the 30's during the day then bottom out to zero at night, sometimes below zero. Input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.