Question about operating and old Vermont Casting Resolute III

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedengineer

Nov 20, 2005
mentor(northeast), ohio
I've had this stove since last season and it works great! Ever since I've used it with the "damper" shut I have to chain it down from flipping up. Just yesterday as I was sutting the damper it seemed to lock into the closed position. It ahs never done this before. Kinda like a cam action that locks it shut. This seems like how it is suppose to work. My question is: is this how the damper is suppose to shut? so I don't have to chain it shut.

-Mike

GET OUT!!!

This is too cool!! No more chain!!! I just figured there was something I was missing. I'm going to look at that screw you talked about that adjusts the tension so I know how that works.

Too funny...

Thanks guys!!!

-Mike

Yah. You can probably stop scratching yer head with that claw hammer too now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.