Question about VC Resolute Acclaim refractory package

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
I have a 2003 VC Resolute Acclaim and the rfractory package seems to be wearing away. I was sweeping out ashes today and noticed that it has receeded quite a bit. How will I know when it has worn through? Will it be safe to use if it has? Anybody know how available these are with the VC trouble of recent? Thank you for your feedback. I have heard they are $250+? I love the stove but find it hard to replace a part that is going to wear out again for 1/2 the price of my Englander 30! I love the looks of the stove and it has been a pretty solid performer, but an englander 13 would do just fine in that spot for around $500 at the end of the season. Just some thoughts.

I'm in the same boat and hoping to get through the season. I might experiment with Kaowool board next summer (outdoors).

I realize that the warranty only extends to the original buyer, but do you know of any successful warranty claims on the refractory??

Mine is half gone. Cleaned out the broken chunks and still works fine in secondary mode.

ICY99 said:
I realize that the warranty only extends to the original buyer, but do you know of any successful warranty claims on the refractory??

Last I heard, VC is only warranting new stoves bought in 2008 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.