Question.. Convection blower for Avalon Newport stove starts then stops

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy129

Jan 12, 2013
I have had stove for 5 years, this is first year I have had trouble. The stove starts up fine everything in working order. The convection blower comes on fine, but after 10-15 mins. The convection blower starts to turn more slowly. If I try to lower fan speed the fan will basically stop moving, but is trying to spin. Turning it to a higher setting doesn't do anything. I have replaced convection blower, control panel, and system snap disc. Still having same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Heat related maybe?

Have those convection blowers ever been oiled (that is if they can be oiled)?

Has the convection air path been cleaned (it starts at the stove shell where air is allowed inside the shell and ends outside the stove shell in front of the heat exchanger tubes)?

Have you oiled the convection blower (if it is oil-able) and have you cleaned its squirrel cage which is the blowers air intake?

Thank you for your suggestions, turns out my blower was not mounted correctly. In my defense who knew? I appreciate the help.

Glad you figured it out! Now we all know to look for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.