question for gassers with stacked tanks.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bernard

Sep 17, 2008
central maine
i heat with an eko-40 and 500 gallon storage i plan on adding 500 more. it is plumbed hot water to the top of tank also draw off the top for heat when needed cold water return to the turn bottom. i know some use dip tubes and keep the tanks seperate. others connect the tanks with mutiple ports and supply and return the way i have the one tank now .is one way more effiecent than the other.? some advice would be helpful. thanks dave

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here but I think you're asking about series vs parallel piping on two storage tanks. I personally went with series. Hot in the top of my top tank, out the bottom, into the top of the bottom tank and the bottom of the bottom tank goes to system return. Very straight forward, no concerns over even flow into the tanks. I like to keep things simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.