Question for Mike at Englander or others with an Englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SJohndro

Feb 20, 2007
Hi all,

I am getting ready to replace the door gasket on my englander 25-PDVC. I was wondering if there were directions available for this. I haven't been able to find anything on the englander webpage. Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Not much help but did check the owners manual

This unit comes with a 3/4” rope gasket around the door that should be replaced at least every two years. To replace the door gasket (Part # AC-DGKC), the old gasket must first be removed entirely — prior to adding the new adhesive, you may have to scrape the old cement from the door channel. Once the cement and gasket have been added, the door should be closed and latched for twenty-four hours to allow the cement to harden

My 25 PDVC shipped with a DVD in which Mike demonstrates the essentials of operation and maintenance, including the replacement of all gaskets. If you cannot locate your copy, it is available from ESW for the cost of shipping and handling ($12.50 via UPS).

Status
Not open for further replies.