Question for Olso owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I assume your speaking about the burn plates. I have the two piece cast iron one. The bent lip goes toward toward the back. It seals the back so the exhaust rolls to the front of the stove, around the front edge of the plates.

I assume your speaking about the burn plates. I have the two piece cast iron one. The bent lip goes toward toward the back. It seals the back so the exhaust rolls to the front of the stove, around the front edge of the plates.
Sorry I’ll clarify I’m speaking of the vermiculite baffle.I bought the stove used and it just seems to me it should have the lip facing the opposite direction.

My stove is 2000 vintage. The vermiculite baffle is the replacement for my two piece burn plates. It was a few years after I got mine. I think it's shaped like mine. Someone that has yours will chime in soon.

Thanks all for the comments. I wonder if any attention was given to the front door ash issue with the facelift.

Thanks all for the comments. I wonder if any attention was given to the front door ash issue with the facelift.

I would say "no" to the front door ash issue. When I open the front to clean the glass, ash always spills out. Maybe they changed something and it used to be worse, but the issue is still there. Bought mine 2/2018