question for PE Vista insert owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinindian

Sep 22, 2008
Quebec
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the measurement is from the hearth to the top of the stove is on a PE Vista insert. I need to verify if I will need the mantel shield or not.

Thanks,

I have 45" from the hearth floor to the mantel. I guess I will be a little short for the minimum clearance. My insert is being installed on Friday, I guess I should call the dealer about getting the optional heat shield.

Is there any other option? Maybe a sheet metal cover for the bottom on the wood mantel. In your experience would that pass inspection?

Thanks,

The installer will be a better source of info on that since they can see what you have to work with. The easiest way of course is the PE heat shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.