Question for plumbers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
I live in an older house (40 years old). About three years ago we replaced the stand up shower in our master bath. Yesterday I was under the house checking on things, as I do often since the home is older. I was checking the drain to the new shower. I’ve checked it plenty of times before and never noticed any leaks, stains….nothing out of the ordinary. This time I pulled the insulation back some and noticed a white powdery substance around the outside of the drain connection (pics attached). I had just showered, and it was not wet at all, in fact it was powdery. Almost like effervescence. After my shower today I checked it again, still no wetness. No other stains…nothing. Any idea what this could be?? I talked to the installer, he said he does not use glue on his drains, so it’s not that. The bottom of the shower is fiberglass

8288A3F3-7A35-496A-935E-E461FEBC477E.jpeg F31CA1BC-4BAF-4CB3-9D5D-11CAC98C4C00.jpeg