Question on blower set up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake coal burner

Feeling the Heat
Nov 11, 2008
Salt Lake City Utah
My stove is in on the hearth mounted on 2 inch cement block bolted threw tile. I puled out wood burner which sat in to fire place.Reason stove is mounted on blocks is hearth has tile hump going under stove gas valve would not clear it. This stove has no blower kit as an option. B-vent stove. I used this blower for my wood stove set up and it worked great. I am wondering if I could use this same set up. 60 cfm bath fan with snap disk Blower 6 feet from stove with 3 inch single wall aluminum pipe going along wall. 90 deg. elbow then to 3 inch flex inside fire place then to a 3 inch aluminum single wall pipe going under the stove to a vent in front of stove. No air will blow under stove. It stays between 80 and 90 deg. under stove from gas burner and pilot light and tile hearth. I have lots of clearance no air blockage,.

Attachments

• IM000388 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    IM000388 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 310
  • M (Small) (WinCE).BMP
    168.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IM000390 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    IM000390 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 292
  • IM000392 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    IM000392 (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 325