question on indoor wood furance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDGERUNNER30

Feb 7, 2009
Eastern, Kentucky
Hey been on this site since last year and got alot of information on installing a wood stove and last spring i installed a wood stove in my den, it does a pretty good job of heating the house but the back end of the house gets a little cool with the temps are in the teens . I guess really my family has got use to the warm den room and enjoy the house being toasty warm my question is, I thought about building a room on the back side of my house and was wondering could i install a indoor wood furance there, just want to build the room big enough for the furance there is already a concrete pad to build the room on to. I don't have a basement or what you would call a furance room, my heat pump or air handler is installed under my house. I was hoping that i could install the furance in this room and hook in to my existing duct work from my heat pump can this be done? there is alot i don't understand about these indoor furance setups , I have looked at the england wood furance and the asley wood furance what the best way to go guys give me the low down on heating with a wood indoor furance.

Should work. I have my indoor boiler next door in my garage. It's in an insulated room by itself, stays warm between fires, and it gets cold up here. Plus my wood is in the garage also, makes it pretty nice.

Would this new room be in close proximity to your existing ductwork..both supply and return ducts? Some furnaces don't have much of a blower on them so that would be one thing to consider. I have a wood furnace and love having every room the same temperature, you just burn a little more wood. Plus if you put a 4 inch air filter inline, it does a great job of eliminating dust and smoke odor should any spill out. Will the extra room have access to the exterior of the house to keep the wood mess out of the house?

I have a 16'x16' furnace/mud room built onto my modular. Works great.
Ductwork ( flexible insulated) actually runs out side for a few feet through a short piece of insulated poly sluice under the home and into duct.

The room that i would be building would be build right to the back of my house and connecting to my existing ductwork would take about 12ft of duct to hook into it, I like the idea keeping the wood outside loading it before i go to work and when i get home. has anyone every heard of a firechief furance? if so are they a good investment. what is the best bang for the buck

Had I known then what I know now, I would save up and get something with a secondary burn system. My Daka keeps the house nice and warm, but I would really like to come home and see only heat waves coming from the chimney. Then again, if you are burning dry wood and using good burning practices, you should be ok regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.