Question....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jj1949

Aug 12, 2008
ND
I have around 20 bags of lignetics left from last years supply, there's no listing on the bag and my memory fails me as if they are hardwood or softwood. The bag is white with orange writing, although it states they're 100% conifer, in my search some both sometimes can fall under this catagory. I just don't know!

jj1949 said:
I have around 20 bags of lignetics left from last years supply, there's no listing on the bag and my memory fails me as if they are hardwood or softwood. The bag is white with orange writing, although it states they're 100% conifer, in my search some both sometimes can fall under this catagory. I just don't know!
the lignetics i have are green lettereing which is the hardwood......i believe what u have is softwood

thank you so much for your quick reply. I thought this and then I wasn't sure.

Yes, I have burned both, and have about 30 bags of softwood from last year left over too....Orange lettering is softwood.

MacMan...which did you like better, the hardwood or the softwood and as if I'd even have a choice. We here in ND are lucky to get what we get when we can.

jj1949 said:
MacMan...which did you like better, the hardwood or the softwood and as if I'd even have a choice. We here in ND are lucky to get what we get when we can.

I like both. But if I HAD to make a (tough) decision, get the softwood. The hardwood had a little more ash. But if either way, their a quality pellet.

thank you, it's always nice to get information from someone knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.