questions about convection blower workings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Eco45

Nov 14, 2021
Earth
i got a drolet eco 45 and it keeps overheating on level 2, everything is clean and clear, everything works, the only thing that i can figure is the convection blower area is to blame, both fans work but both blow air inwards against the back wall of the combustion area, the manual says that the filters for those fans are optional but help keep dust from being dispersed into the room, but that does not add up, both fans blow air to the wall to away from it, are the fans on backwards or does one take in air while the other take the heat out, idk if there is a chamber between them or not, plus i found nothing online about this, so here i am, any info would be much appreciated, thanks.

There are 2 fans one is the circulation blower
blows air across the heat exchanger and out into the room
Fan 2 is the combustion fan Sucks air throw the burn pot
over the heat exchanger and pushes it out the exhaust.
Is your convection fan blowing hot air into the room ?

There are 2 fans one is the circulation blower
blows air across the heat exchanger and out into the room
Fan 2 is the combustion fan Sucks air throw the burn pot
over the heat exchanger and pushes it out the exhaust.
Is your convection fan blowing hot air into the room ?
Here's how I see it. There are 4 fans in eco-45. The combex blower has 2, intake and exhaust. There are 2 convection fans/blowers that push the hot air out the front of stove.
Sounds is like everything is working fine, except for over heating and shutting down. I have a eco-45 and ran into the same issue, on number 2 setting. I have my stove in a addition, 150 sq. Ft. with a door leading to my kitchen and the rest of the house. I figured out the room was too small to run on 2 and keep it on 1. Works good. Maybe try a fan to blow the heat away from the stove. I do that anyway to get the heat from the addition to kitchen etc.