Questions on a used first generation Woodstock Fireview for sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelachowski

Jan 14, 2012
New England
I saw this stove for sale. I've owned two new Fireviews at my former house. I'm looking at this used one for our new place. The stone is perfect as are all the castings. The cat assembling in this first generation Fireview needs replacing. They are asking $500 for it. I talked to Woodstock the replacement cat unit is $310 plus my labor which would make this like a model 201. Is this a good price or a high price? Looking for a nudge from one of you experts. Thx.

I saw this stove for sale. I've owned two new Fireviews at my former house. I'm looking at this used one for our new place. The stone is perfect as are all the castings. The cat assembling in this first generation Fireview needs replacing. They are asking $500 for it. I talked to Woodstock the replacement cat unit is $310 plus my labor which would make this like a model 201.
It's a 201, correct? It seems to me that, especially in New England, there would be used 205s available from time to time. I would hold out for a 205 in good shape, even though you may have to watch and wait for a while. You should be able to get it for about the same money....

It's a 201, correct? It seems to me that, especially in New England, there would be used 205s available from time to time. I would hold out for a 205 in good shape, even though you may have to watch and wait for a while. You should be able to get it for about the same money....
I know now the stove has a round cat that doesn't really work correctly. The customer service rep at Woodstock said that was the first cat Fireview. He said I could upgrade to the next generation cat by replacing the iron guts of the stove for $310. He said it will work well, but not as well as the new Fireviews. I was thinking $760 seemed like a lot of money after the retrofit for a 25 year old stove, but that's why I'm asking here. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.