Quick answer needed please. Drolet owners....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MagdalenaP

Burning Hunk
Nov 10, 2018
Tilbury, ON
SHouldn't there be a brick or something covering the ash pan hole? Or is it just the little "cap"?

Stove is a drolet legend, same as baltic, myriad and austral.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 99
No, my Escape 1800 is exactly the same. Works just fine. That is the ash drawer access cover.

That's messed up. Someone loading the stove could bump it causing it to become uncovered. It should at least be on a hinge.

That's messed up. Someone loading the stove could bump it causing it to become uncovered. It should at least be on a hinge.
Haven't heard any complaints about this that I can recall. It fills up with ash right away, but one could cut a piece of brick to fit and carve out the back so that it sits flush. Is this an original Legend or Legend II?

Haven't heard any complaints about this that I can recall. It fills up with ash right away, but one could cut a piece of brick to fit and carve out the back so that it sits flush. Is this an original Legend or Legend II?

Two. So far it's absolutely amazing, it'll be a learning curve that's for sure. Our Regency was absolutely messed up the door kept popping open when the fire was going for an hour. We needed something a little bit bigger either way. This one has a 3.4 cubic foot firebox which is a step up from the 2.3.

Letting the paint cure right now all the doors are open but that's expected.

Bring on the polar vortex weather!

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_161859.jpg
    IMG_20191114_161859.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 92
Good deal, congratulations. It's a strong heater and third larger than the Regency. Hope it works out well for you.

You will not have an issue with the ash drawer access cover. I like that when it is covered with ash all I do is blindly push my poker into the cover ring and remove it. I can then make quick work of removing ash from the firebox. My only complaint is that it should be round, not rectangular. A round cover would have no chance of falling through the opening into the ash drawer when replacing it.

Reactions: 2fireplacesinSC
You will not have an issue with the ash drawer access cover. I like that when it is covered with ash all I do is blindly push my poker into the cover ring and remove it. I can then make quick work of removing ash from the firebox. My only complaint is that it should be round, not rectangular. A round cover would have no chance of falling through the opening into the ash drawer when replacing it.

So very true.

Had mine that way for years now not one issue. I really like it actually I keep welding gloves by the stove I put them on grab through the ash and pull the cover slide all the ashes in and replace.