Quick question for anyone who owns the new ESW Madison

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smith201981

Jan 5, 2016
Maine
How far does your door open and does the door rub on the bottom hinge when the door is open? Other than that the stove works great and i can't be more pleased with it. Tech is going to resolve the issue if i still have it after trying to adjust the hinge a bit tomorrow, just curious how everyone else's is working.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0126.jpg
    IMAG0126.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
I just got mine. Haven't burned anything yet but the door opens 180 degrees. No issues opening all the way. No dragging.

bb764c1ccc9dda58569238ab74d66d35.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: jatoxico
Looks like maybe a casting or finishing defect on the door casting... IMHO, if ESW didn't send any touch-up paint I would call them and see if they will send you some and just take some of that "interference" out with a file/grinder/etc then touch up the paint...

Status
Not open for further replies.