R-25 insulation Black Friday at Menards

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tadmaz

Minister of Fire
Dec 21, 2017
Erin, WI
For those who have a Menards nearby, check out their 3 day home improvement 11/29 - 12/1 sale. R-25 unfaced 18' roll for $5 or R-15 kraft 18' roll for $5. I beefed up my attic insulation with a layer of R-13 earlier this year, and am contemplating adding R-25 although I should be near R-38 already. I needed 11 packs of R-13 batts, but for these rolls I would need about 50. Upfront it will cost $750 and I would get $500 back in Menards credit. Overall cost $250. That's about what I paid for a layer of R-13! Anyone know if 50 rolls of R-25 18' rolls would fit in a 6.5' bed with a cap? :) :) :)

Reactions: Don2222
Take 2 trips with the truck, it is worth it!

I never ended up doing this. However I am now for $9.99 a roll. Got 24 rolls today, going to get 24 more. $500 total, but no rebates to deal with.

A good 5 hours in the attic, R-25 has been added. I've got a varying degree of some kind of white blown in insulation, and I've added R-38 between last year and now. House does seem to hold heat better.

Reactions: Don2222