Rails worth it? - accentra 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I made my own from square tubing which I welded together. Certainly a lot easier, especially when having the chimney swept.
Having the stove raised helps getting to the fan underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_1581.jpg
    IMG_1581.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 113
Built my own rail kit this weekend. About $30 worth of materials from my local Home Depot. Mostly made up of 2x4's, but I used a flat steel bar (1.5" width) on top of a thin piece of wood (approx. 3/4" in height) for the rails. My local HD had different size flat steel bars. I used one that was 1.5" wide, 3/16" thick, and 36" long. It lined up perfectly with the stove rails and wheels (see pic below) that are found on the newer 52i's. It should roll right on without any lifting; not that a bit of lifting would be a major issue. I contemplated just "gluing" the bar onto the wood with something like construction adhesive, but decided to drill and screw it in instead. It was easy using an appropriate drill bit designed for that sort of thing, which I also had to buy for around $5. Admittedly this took me a couple of hours to build (I'm a novice at best with this stuff) and there was a bit of difficulty ensuring the rails stayed the same width all the way from the front to the back back (about 19 3/4" wide). Here are some pics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrpelletburner
Nice work, awesome !!

As a “novice”, that’s pretty damn nice. You can build me a coffee table anytime.