Ravelli External Thermostat

crazynights Posted By crazynights, Jul 31, 2019 at 6:11 PM

1. crazynights

crazynights
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 14, 2019
    Loc:
    I was wondering if anyone has had any experience connecting an external thermostat to a Ravelli pellet stove? I have a Roma insert which is able to accept a thermostat per the manual and I double checked with Ravelli just to be sure.

If so, what type/brand of thermostat? I would like to install a wireless unit if possible.

I have reached out to my dealer who stated just about any thermostat will work and I just reached out to another one who advised that is not the case and wanted to sell me a SkyTech 5301. Any information would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you,
    Bryan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. PelletPractitioner

PelletPractitioner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut, USA
    I ordered a SkyTech 3301P from Amazon for around $100 but don't have it hooked up yet. It's really light weight and feels cheap. But it seems to be the popular brand and has the features. It's also what my dealer sells. You can use some regular wall-mounted thermostats (search this forum), but not all. I don't think Ravelli's work with high voltage (24V?) thermostats, but they should work with most microvolt thermostats. You also have to make sure they don't short cycle and have an adjustable swing.

The advantage of the SkyTechs is you can take them (the temperature sensor/remote) with you and easily change where it is mounted on the wall.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I love my Ravalli but the room temperature sensor is not where I'm sitting so I'm always setting it 2 to 5 degrees lower or than I should have to.

4. PelletPractitioner

PelletPractitioner
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 4, 2018
    Loc:
    Connecticut, USA
    Same here. Even the offset I need to use varies widely on the weather because that temp sensor is 6" off the floor on an outside wall. I hope the remote will give me more stable temperatures. I'll probably get around to hooking it up mid October.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    Great again let us know how it works. We sit about 10 feet from our RV100c. It would be nice to have a thermostat that works 10 feet from the stove as opposed to where it's located now on the back of the stove.

6. crazynights

crazynights
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 14, 2019
    Loc:
    Yes, thank you for the information. Greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. jerrieric

jerrieric
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jul 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Windham Me
    I'm kind of stupid when it comes to hooking up electronic stuff. My boy is my entire garage into my house Etc but some things just need more explaining for me. So once you get it all set up if you can tell me how to hook it to the Ravalli that would be good