Ravelli Parameters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 22, 2014
France
Another post re-awoke my interest in the Ravelli firmware for my stove.
A while back I replaced the smoke ventilator , this replacement had a cheap "bent metal" rotor on it : not a beaufiful curved one like the one it replaced. To add insult ,the new one vibrates at high rev. as well.
What I did not do , was to review the parameters for the different power levels : surely this new rotor does not have air pushing qualities of the old one ?
The Ravelli algorithm specifies the revolutions needed for the smoke ventilator for each power level to maintain the 'right' air flow for good combustion.
Well that's the idea.

So today I tried the first three power levels and with the 'stove status' menu looked at the actual revs of the smoke fan.
The actual ( reported) figures are 12% higher than set.

Has anybody an idea why this is ?
Is this true for all Ravelli stoves ?

Not sure why the actual revs are higher, but I can check my stove.

All the smoke ventilators I have seen for Ravelli stoves have the stamped (bent) sheet-metal impeller. I have never seen a curved one. Post a picture of it.

I can't find my old rotor - did I throw it away to remove the temptation ?
But this one is the same idea :

Attachments

• Rotor.png
    Rotor.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 101
This is what the exhaust fan and motor look like in my Ravelli Elena:

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 99
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg