Ravelli Roma Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pn27416

Mar 14, 2019
Coppersburg PA
Hi, I'm new here. Anyone own one or have expertise on these? Love to ask a few questions. My dealer has not moved a lot of these so there not experts yet.
Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete. I’m also new here and just purchased a Roma last month. First pellet stove! I’m in the same situation - I was only the fourth install for my dealer over the past few years. I was looking to see if an external thermostat can be hooked up to the unit. My dealer told me “good question” when I asked as the manual is not very friendly.

Bryan

Hey Bryan,
Yes the manual is not great and hard to follow. Not sure if its lost in translation? About done with a second season on mine. Early this year I got a service warning pop up. Turns out it means the stove needs a good cleaning. Which I did but did again when dealer said that's what it is. Service warning should then go away. Well I cleaned it in more places then the manual says. Did not go out. Dealer now says it need a reset code, I can't have it so now I have to pay someone to do this. Not happy on that. I hope to pay there "expert" to give me the code and save the trip. But I'm betting there guy has minimal experience with these
I have seen in the manual to hook up an external thermostat but never gave it a hard look.
Pete

Reactions: rich2500
Hey Bryan,
Yes the manual is not great and hard to follow. Not sure if its lost in translation? About done with a second season on mine. Early this year I got a service warning pop up. Turns out it means the stove needs a good cleaning. Which I did but did again when dealer said that's what it is. Service warning should then go away. Well I cleaned it in more places then the manual says. Did not go out. Dealer now says it need a reset code, I can't have it so now I have to pay someone to do this. Not happy on that. I hope to pay there "expert" to give me the code and save the trip. But I'm betting there guy has minimal experience with these
I have seen in the manual to hook up an external thermostat but never gave it a hard look.
Pete

Attachments

• 20181007_144401.jpg
    20181007_144401.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 353
Reactions: Ssyko
> Yes the manual is not great and hard to follow. Not sure if its lost in translation?

Sounds like all the Ravelli manuals I've seen.

Looks like a nice stove. My dealer told me the Roma is basically the RV100 in insert form. The internals are the same. He messed up some other things so I'm not sure I can trust the guy but it makes sense to me. The RV100 appears to accept an external thermostat according to the PDF manual I downloaded from the website.