Ravelli RV 80 no ignition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

waltonb

Mar 2, 2015
Milford MA
This morning woke to the burn pot full of unburned pellets, and "No Ignition" on the display.

Is there anything I can try? I did the usual power cycle, etc. No dice. No heat from the ignitor.
Time for a dealer call I guess? Bad timing! :)

thanks -bruce.

Welcome to the forum! You could try a manual start ... a handful of pellets soaked in hand sanitizer or starting gel. If you are inclined, you could set up an external cord with spade connectors to confirm ignitor is shot. Unplug the stove before working in the cabinet.

How old is the stove?

Hey, thanks... I hadn't considered that I could just get the pellets burning in a pinch without the ignitor, nice idea.

It's 3 years old, about to start it's 4th winter.

Not sure what you mean by external cord. Hard to find out anything about these stoves online. If I knew how to remove the ignitor and where to buy parts I'd give that a go.

I have the dealer guy coming over this week.. I'll hang out, see what he does and learn.

best -bruce.

Never even though about it ... should have kept the cord from the popcorn popper that just fried it's motor. To set up an external cord, you would take an electrical cord and add spade connectors on the end opposite the plug. Connect spades to spades on the blower, auger, etc. and plug cord directly into outlet to test if it is functioning. Most service techs should have one to determine if the motors are bad or not. If they test OK, look to other areas depending on symptoms. They should also have jumper wires made up to bypass snap discs to troubleshoot them.

Try North Forge Heating in Annville PA for parts (717) 867-1744, or woodmanspartsplus.com. A new ignitor is $50 from Woodmans. It would take about 15 minutes to remove and install a new one.

Good Afternoon,

We just purchased and fired up our new Ravelli 80 a few months ago....due to cold weather it has been working pretty hard (between settings 1 and 2). I turn off the stove every 24 hours and clean thoroughly. However, as of about 2-3 days ago the stove starts and burns properly for up to 6-8 hours and then just goes out. The pellet cup overflows and the alarm 06 sounds ( pellet out) . But the pellet cup is full as well as the hopper. Any idea why the fire just extinguishes like that? We burn Purcell and Lignetics pellets. We have only had this problem with the Lignetics.

Thank you.
SJE

Have you cleaned the internal exhaust passages? You need to take the cabinet side panels off to get to the 2 rectangular clean-out covers (held one with 2 screws) on the backside of the firebox. Also you should clean out the exhaust blower housing (remove the 5 or 6 philips head screws around the motor mounting plate). Also clean your flue pipe. This cleaning needs to be done about every ton of pellets that you burn.

Actually, Power Level #1 or #2 are pretty low burn rates. Power level #5 is the highest burn rate.

Have you cleaned the internal exhaust passages? You need to take the cabinet side panels off to get to the 2 rectangular clean-out covers (held one with 2 screws) on the backside of the firebox. Also you should clean out the exhaust blower housing (remove the 5 or 6 philips head screws around the motor mounting plate). Also clean your flue pipe. This cleaning needs to be done about every ton of pellets that you burn.

Actually, Power Level #1 or #2 are pretty low burn rates. Power level #5 is the highest burn rate.

Thank you very much. Yes, the flue has been cleaned twice now but did not know anything about the internal exhaust passages. If we take the stove apart for this type of cleaning does it nullify our warranty?

Thanks again,
SJE

No your manual should have instructions in it for the maintenance.

Thank you, good information to have!
SJE

We were in the process of moving in our home (massive remodel of an old victorian) when the stove was installed. I cannot locate the manual for the stove and need more information for proper cleaning that you have discussed. Would you happen to have a link that might be helpful? After searching online I cannot locate one that goes into cleaning detail.
Thank you.

Thank you! I also contacted our dealer. He says that the combustion needs to be set to a different setting and he will be out shortly. The inside of the stove is always a smoky orangey color and it goes out often with a 06 code saying it is out of pellets. He stated that he knows exactly what is wrong and will be out to adjust the settings. I feel it couldn't hurt to have him also demonstrate how to properly clean the stove as well with the back panel removed. Two birds...one stone. Thank you for your prompt assistance, I appreciate it very much. Having the manual will help immensely.
SJE

Good to hear you have a good Dealer and prompt service!!