Ravelli RV100 Ingiter Failure Solved

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Saved Native

Dec 21, 2023
NE Washington
Ravelli RV100 Classic was purchased brand new, installed and had been on Eco Mode for almost two years. Eco Mode basically uses an internal thermostat to reach a desired temp, allows the flame to extinguish once desired temp is reached, then reignites once ambient temp drops below a user setting. This ignition cycle places a lot of strain on the igniter, with the stove cycling off (allowing the flame to extinguish) and on (reignition of pellets) throughout the day and night. After one and half winters of Eco Mode, my igniter finally died. Below are the photos of my multimeter measurements of both the failed igniter (burnt and OL reading) and a new igniter (still in the plastic bag and 48.2 ohm reading).

New igniter installed and everything was back to working as expected. But, Eco Mode is strenuous on the ingniter and so I've turned off Eco Mode and turned on the internal Timer function with 4 settings throughout the day with mixed results.

Next to consider, a wall mounted thermostat. Perhaps even an IOT integrated model.

IMG_8348 Igniter.jpg

IMG_8349 Igniter.jpg

Reactions: ARC