RE: How do I change back to the old looking forum look?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
What can I say . . . I hate change . . . actually I just really hate the font and look of the "new" design that was implemented here a few months back and have been using the old design.

However, when I logged on this morning I am for some reason unable to go to the old design . . . help?

Reactions: claydogg84
Since we upgraded, those templates are old and may cause conflicts with the new updated templates so not available anymore.

upload_2016-6-29_9-49-58.png

In other words...probably doesn't work with their advertising revenue. Their house, their rules. I don't like it either.

In other words...probably doesn't work with their advertising revenue. Their house, their rules. I don't like it either.

Not true. It just gets really hard to keep multiple sets of everything. The site had not been updated in years and so now we are in a place of new server, single software vs 3 different ones, and much more stable operating system, security and spam updates. Also will allow some newer features that come available that we could not do in past to make the site a little friendlier and easier job for the moderators.

Reactions: Highbeam
I hate it as well. Spent 15 minutes trying to switch it back before I found this thread.

Can't say i like it either. Anyway to make the light blue background a little darker and loose the white/blue candy cane effect between different threads. Perhaps a small like too distinguish them.

I must say, I preferred the old version also. I liked the homepage of the old version as well.

One feature I really liked that this "new" version doesn't appear to offer is if I was looking at a forum, left it to go back to the main page and there was still an unread post the forum would appear in bold print to alert me to the fact I had missed a thread.

OK, so I've done some experimenting . . . and finally realized there is a NEW button next to the thread which indicates unread threads. Disregard my last post.

Another vote for the old style... or at least give us some other color options.

Reactions: Redbarn
Another vote for the old style too.

This new one just has too much white space.
The information density is way too low.
On my iPad, there are 2 posts per page and this just breaks up the flow of reading a thread.
I spend all my time scrolling & not reading.

Same here wishing for old style. All I can get is a slow connection (part of living in the sticks and burning wood products). Takes minutes to load each thread, and many of the icons don't show up. FWIW, I am part of another unrelated forum that uses this same design and they have several skins including retro (for old/slow setups) and social networking looking styles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.