RE: New stove salesman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
I was just wondering . . . the member who landed the new job as a stove salesman/installer . . . has anyone heard from him and how he is doing? Just hoping things are going well for him.

Maybe you were talking about me? I'm still lurking here. I gave it a try for a week and found out I wasn't cut out to be a salesman. I thought I was going to be more of an installer and stay on the hearth part of the store, but it was more geared towards pools, hot tubs and sales. Long hours, low pay, sales ethics and commission also made it not worth the effort.

too bad it did not work out for you Todd. I remember reading the posts when you got the job, you were pretty stoked at the time. Hopefully something better came up.

poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook said:
Todd said:
Maybe you were talking about me? I'm still lurking here. I gave it a try for a week and found out I wasn't cut out to be a salesman. I thought I was going to be more of an installer and stay on the hearth part of the store, but it was more geared towards pools, hot tubs and sales. Long hours, low pay, sales ethics and commission also made it not worth the effort.
try go sell something u believe in & understand?

Like beer?

Todd said:

Ah, sorry to hear that Todd . . . but the good thing is you realized that the job wasn't for you sooner, rather than later . . . I spent six months working at a job once before I realized that the job just wasn't a good fit for me . . . namely driving 3 hours round-trip each day and working for a commercial fishing trade journal when I knew absolutely nothing about commercial fishing -- heck, I don't even like eating fish. ;)

The reason for the post was to just find out how the job was going . . . apparently not as well as I was hoping for your sake . . . but again, better to find this out now and move on to something better.

I've worked commisions for most of my sales career ...sure it can be tough if the sales are down ,but if they are up a paycheck can be huge.
This economy is not one that I'd want to be in the situation.
Good luck Todd on your next endeavor!

Status
Not open for further replies.