re-supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briansol

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2009
central ct
I'm not going to make it with this years stash, so i looked around for some bargains to buy me some more time.
TSC had some more of the mwp's out for 4.50 a bag. i picked up 6, twice, as i was out in my car (my truck dead... no brakes).

so now the count is back to 30 bags left. april 1, heat is done!!!!!

Attachments

• 540834_10151463860240606_1453399679_n[1].jpg
    540834_10151463860240606_1453399679_n[1].jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 125
and yes, there's only 10 here.... 1 went right in the stove, and the other is on stand by up stairs!

I'm down to 28 bags and 8 five gallon buckets of corn. I'm hoping for a real warm up.

Just picked up another ton of MWP's from TS on Friday.
They were $209 / ton marked but there was a 10% off sale in Store
So got 'em for $188 /ton
One of the top bags was busted open and waterlogged so I got them to throw in a free replacement.
Was able to salvage about 3/4 the bad bag.

Should have enough for season and into next fall.
---Nailer---

1.5 tons left, even as warm as the wife likes to keep it I think I will make it they till spring.

I`m at over 3.5 tons burned so far , been burning mostly 24/7 since last mid October and I`ve resigned myself to buy more if I need to cause I`m not gonna burn oil except for hot water.

My original stash of four tons has ten bags left in the basement. Didn't help the last two months were colder than normal and if I calculated right has made for about a twenty percent extra fuel consumption. Picked up extra ton when I bought the Elena and that was the last at HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.