Ready to install liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmmyQT

Jan 27, 2014
Rhode Island
Hello all, just to give a quick update, we were waiting for the snow to melt to get up on roof and do final measurements in order to get the liner. We decided to go with an insulated oval 4.5 x 9.1 flex liner which we received today! We also got flat top plate and will use existing chimney cap which was just bought in November and were told if we got the flat top plate it would work with our existing cap. And we also got an oval to round connector. I was hoping to get reassurance of two things: the oval side of the adapter is about three quarters inch bigger than the circumference of the liner. Would chimney cement seal that up as it should be? Also the top plate is about two inches bigger. If we just put Roxul into the top of the chimney under the top plate would that be good enough to 'close up' extra space? We will also be installing a block off plate with as much Roxul in the smoke chamber as we can fit. Hopefully by end of next week this part will be done. I'll post pics. It will be a while before we get the insert, but as funds allow we'll get to that before next heating season. Thanks everybody for your help. P.S. In the meantime we got a hearth extender in place (got a good deal from amazon) and installed a ceiling fan above where the insert will be. It should be a more comfortable winter next year ... getting there slowly but surely : )

I would tell them to send you parts that actually fit if it where me

The appliance connector should fit snug. There should be very little or no gap at all. Definitely not 3/4". There should be no reason to use any sort of sealant.

Status
Not open for further replies.