Reasonable price for chimney liner plus installation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecfinn

Dec 12, 2005
Ambler, PA
Hi everyone,

Not that it matters much because I've pretty much decided this is the dealer I'm going with but wanted to get an idea if this was a reasonable enough price from a dealer perspective. I'm not interested in whether or not I can do it cheaper myself because frankly, I don't climb on roofs, period. My dealer is quoting my $595 for the liner and $600 for the installation. Its a straight interior chimney that will have to have the current damper cut out and removed in order for this to fit. From what I remeber this is pretty close to normal. Is there anything else I should ask about the liner or installation like brand, type, etc before I go ahead and do this?

Thanks,

Eric Finn (who's almost ready for winter...)

Sounds reasonable. I paid $600 for 30 feet of liner and associated connectors, caps etc. and another $550 to install. The install included my insert installation , but I helped on both counts which kept the cost down. Installer did all the roof work and the ugly stuff like cutting out the damper, but I ws there as a gopher (go-fer this, go-fer that) and to lift when neccessary. I also agreed to let the installer be flexible on scheduling so that meant he could fit it in on a down day which also saved me $$$. Also factored in was that I purchased insert, liner and had installation done all by the same shop.

Wow, that seems high to me. 2 years ago I was quoted $900 for 25' s/s liner kit installed. Must of gone up some. I ended up buying and installing it my self for under $400.

Sounds fair to me, hopefully it includes the top and bottom block off plates and the top cap as well, mine did......

T

We just paid £910 for a 12m chimney liner installation, including all bits, installation of stove, etc. That's a UK price, and in a sense it's a captive market here so prices are that bit higher. That figure worked out to around £500 for the liner, £100 for the extras and the remainder was installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.