Recognize this 12VDC auger motor?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jackman

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2013
Oregon
Greetings members,
I have a neighbor with a vintage 90's pellet stove with an unknown name. The Merkle-Korff 12VDC auger motor quit and I'm trying to find a replacement. I've searched the Internet but have been unable to find an exact replacement. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
auger_motor1.jpg
auger_motor2.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any marking on the stove at all to indicate a manufacturer? Pictures of the stove may help to

Okay, here's more information. The stove is manufactured by Reliant industries and the model is an Avent. Here's the nameplate.
20171227_133817.jpg

I also found a manual online which lists the replacement as part # RP2020 a 2RPM 12V auger motor and the #RP2091 auger assembly.

It's at least 26 years old and I'm thinking it's not worth fixing but my neighbor and friend is elderly and living on a low income. All advice is greatly appreciated.

Here's a couple more pics.
20171227_133659.jpg

20171227_133534.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic the size of actual motor. But I'm assuming the gear box is still good and it's just the 12v replacement. Pull it apart and take some mesurment of the shaft diameter and use that for your search. First thing that comes to mind is a 14/18v dewalt drill motor. Strong and rebuildable and can find old drills everywhere where the battery crapped out. I have 2 here I bought for 20 for my rc trucks

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

It is a lower btu stove. And looks like it needs a good cleaning and maybe a few parts but im a sucker for old stoves i would have to get it running.

American Energy Systems sells a 12 VDC auger motor for the baby countryside. List for $115. not sure of the RPM's.