Red Mountain Kitchen Range

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sstewart

Jan 2, 2018
Boaz,AL
What were the models of the kitchen ranges? I have one with Red Mountain J on the oven door. I can’t find any info on this particular stove.

Pictures?

968374FA-7270-406A-AAB0-7635B629391F.png 53BBC809-1579-4FAA-A746-CC999BFBDF38.png

That's a real beauty. It appears to be in great condition. From what is showing this looks like a coal burning stove.

Birmingham Stove and Range made Red Mountain cookware. This stove looks like the compliment to that line. Birmingham became the more recently known Atlanta Stove Works.
http://www.bhamwiki.com/w/Birmingham_Stove_&_Range_Company

I have yet to find a stove like this. Anyone care to guess at it? Does the J have anything to do with the Jones family? It has 16-36 cast into the top,and all parts of the base. Is it rare? Is it junk? Do I need to call American Pickers? (That’s a joke..BTW.)