regency f3100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

regencyhater

Nov 20, 2014
maryland
I have a regency F3100 which does not have many reviews written about it so let this be a warning to all. It can not heat a 1500 square feet room above 74 degrees even after burning at 500 degrees for 8 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how badly were you running it? Full air open with unseasoned firewood? No insulation in the walls?

Yeah that doesnt sound right at all we have many customers heating allot more with that stove easily. One question though how tall are your ceilings in a 1500 sqft room that makes a huge difference

Honestly, if the stove is at 500 F for that amount of time and your room is not warm then your is house is leaking heat like hell. That you are cold has really nothing to do with Regency or any other stove you could have put in there.

As others have said, either there is a serious problem with operation or all your windows are open.

I have the i2400, which is both smaller and an insert, and have NO problems heating my entire 1500 square foot home on three levels, and that's without even loading it full.

I have a regency F3100 which does not have many reviews written about it so let this be a warning to all. It can not heat a 1500 square feet room above 74 degrees even after burning at 500 degrees for 8 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Something dose not add up,my stove is the same as yours but with a smaller box(1.6) and it keeps the front of my house at,83to86 temps! way too much heat....

First, welcome to the forum.

Next . . . we often see a lot of posts like this during this time of year . . . folks who believe that their new woodstove is junk. In some rare cases they are right -- there may be a manufacturing defect . . . but honestly in most cases it comes down to . . .

* Wood not being seasoned enough. Modern woodstoves need really dry wood. Older stoves can chow through less than optimal wood. New woodstoves need wood that is really dry and well seasoned . . . the pay out for that "inconvenience" though is a lot less wood burned and as much heat and a cleaner burn.

* Stove was sized too small for their needs. Some folks under-estimate the size of the stove and base their buying decision on how the stove looks or go by the standard manufacturer brochure's statement that the stove will heat up X square footage when there are a few other variables to keep in mind . . . such as the insulation in the house, climate, house layout, etc.

* Person is not running the woodstove correctly . . . I think the biggest error I have seen are folks who don't realize you need to bring the stove up to temp . . . and then CLOSE down the air control part way. Many folks equate more air with more flames (which is true) and more heat (which is not true.)

* Draft issues . . . this includes not having a tall enough chimney, having too tall chimney, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.